WELCOME TO CAPITAL PRIDE.CA!
IT’S TIME, OTTAWA!
Time to come together…celebrate…be free to love!
Once again, Capital Pride is bringing together the fabulous, the hip and the most happening events to share the universal message of love, diversity and inclusion.
From August 15th to the 24th, Ottawa will come alive with the 29th Pride Festival.
Starting with the glamorous and fun-filled Nature Nocture: Pride launch event on August 15th and ending with the non-stop, dusk-til-dawn Pride Weekend on August 22nd to 24th, this year’s Pride will be the place to live, breathe and love your life!
What’s new and what’s returning by popular (and we mean that we mean record breaking) demand?
• The Pride Parade returns on Sunday, August 24th. Marching straight down Bank Street through the Village, it will be the most festive and sparkling entertainment in the city.
• Once again, the Rainbow Party returns.
• Main Stage event on August 24th will feature Grammy Award winning DJ Hex Hector, DJ Mark Anthony, New York City’s favourite blonde bombshell Amanda Lapore and a live performance by Ru Paul Drag Race runner up, Adore Delano.
• Featuring … wait for it….the hugely popular Courtney Act and DJ Stephan Grondin.
• The community will also gather together for special events like our bi-focused ‘Bi’s and Beers’ event, the Human Rights Vigil and Picnic in the Park.
• From the youth branch of Capital Pride, Etcetera, we’ll have a week-long calendar of events for youth ages 13 to 18, including a Self-Care Craft Day and Etcetera’s signature event, a ‘Glow in the Dark Dance Circus’ themed Pride Prom.
• But it doesn’t end there. New initiatives this year include the ‘Free to Learn’ GLBT Conference, an International Film Series, and an expansion of our International Marshal Program. We are also excited about this year’s launch event ‘Nature Nocturne; Pride’, an evening of glamour and discovery in partnership with the Canadian Museum of Nature.
• Excited? We are. And as Pride rolls out in what we know will be a record-setting way for Ottawa, we’ll be celebrating what Pride is all about: tangible evidence that a better world isn’t just possible – it’s actually happening all around us.