Join Capital Pride’s Volunteer Team and Help Make Pride Happen.
The 2019 Capital Pride Festival takes place August 18-25 and over 200 volunteers help to make it all happen! This year we are recruiting volunteers to help with all areas of the festival: parade team, festival weekend, youth events, signature events, outreach and more. We are looking for dedicated and energetic members and supporters of the 2SLGBTQ+ community to join us as we host the region’s largest pride celebration.
Volunteers are assigned to one more volunteer teams during the festival based on interests, experience and skills. Some of the teams include:
- Event Volunteers: Event volunteers assist with the logistics of events that take place throughout the week including the TD Block Party, Pride Pageant and Flag Raising.
- Festival Ambassadors: Ambassadors participate at various Capital Pride events to assist participants, answer questions and promote the festival.
- Community Fair: Community Fair Volunteers will help set up the community fair and be available to help and maintain the community fair site.
- Parade Team: Parade volunteers help with lining-up participants in our staging area, setting up the parade route and assist with keeping the parade moving.
- Green Team: The Green Team will help with the recycling and garbage management throughout the festival.
- Youth Event Volunteers: Youth Event volunteers assist with the logistics of events youth take place throughout the week and must be between the ages of 15 and 24.
Next Steps: Once you have signed up our Volunteer Team will be in touch with details about our information and training sessions. These will take place in late July and early August. After that, volunteers will be able to sign-up for specific volunteer shifts throughout the festival.
Questions? Please contact our Volunteer Team at [email protected]