Capital Pride is seeking a bilingual Communications & Administrative Coordinator to assist with the development and delivery of the organization’s social media strategy; the development of digital and web materials and to support administrative projects.
|Position Type:||4 month contract, November 2021 – February 28, 2022|
|Hours of Work:||10-15 hours/week|
Work is generally expected to be carried out during weekdays however flexibility is available to work around school schedules.
|Rate of Pay||$16 per hour|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Place of Work:||The successful applicant must be based in the National Capital Region. It is expected that the work may be carried out in a hybrid model, working both from Capital Pride’s office and from home.|
- Maintain Capital Pride’s website by writing, and uploading content and working with Capital Pride’s designer as required.
- Assist in the development of Capital Pride’s general marketing activities, including online marketing, traditional marketing (newspapers, radio) and through promotional campaigns and community outreach.
- Working with the Community Engagement Coordinator, develop outreach materials for community groups and Capital Pride’s volunteer program.
- Assist with updating the organization’s media contact list, community contact list and other contact lists, as directed.
- Coordinating the Festival’s bilingual social media strategy including developing a social media calendar, scheduling and posting content and monitoring social media platforms.
- Monitor Capital Pride’s social media accounts to respond to inquiries from the public.
- Support the organization’s internal operations, including monitoring the general info email account and assisting with administrative tasks.
- Assist with organizational research, including reviewing best practices within other community and 2SLGBTQ+ organizations.
- Support other members of the Team with general tasks as they arise.
- Assisting with Capital Pride events and programming, including set-up, tear-down and running of events.
- Member of, or ally to, the 2SLGBTQ+ community and a commitment to operating within an anti-oppressive work framework.
- Knowledge of, and/or experience working or volunteering in, the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- Experience managing social media channels for other organizations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in busy and occasionally high-stress situations.
- Ability to work both independently on assigned projects and contribute to an overall team environment.
- Familiarity with Google’s G-Suite including using Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Forms (or equivalent Office suite).
- Experience with a combination of any of the following tools is an asset: Slack, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, WordPress (or other content management system), and Canva.
- Bilingual in both official languages (written and verbal) is required
This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. As such, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered as full-time students in the current academic year;
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Be legally entitled to work according to provincial legislation and possess a valid Social Insurance Number; and
- Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits at the start of the job.
Applicants are asked to submit applications to [email protected]tawacapitalpride.ca no later than Friday, October 22, 2021.
Please include your resume and cover letter. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to share some work examples. Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified.
Capital Pride is committed to the principles of employment equity. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women.
If you require accommodations to participate in the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]