Registration is now open for our Street Festival. The Street Festival takes place as part of Festival Weekend on Saturday, August 26 and Sunday, August 27 from 12 noon to 8pm each day. It features community organizations, political groups, a craft fair, activations from our corporate partners and other programming.
- Craftsperson registration moves to waitlist*: Tuesday, May 30
- Early Bird Deadline: Friday, June 30
- Registration Deadline: Tuesday, August 1
- Payment Deadline: Monday, August 7
- Placement information circulated: The week of Monday, August 14
- 2023 Street Festival: Saturday, August 26 and Sunday, August 27
*Craftspeople are a vital part of the excitement the Street Festival offers attendees, and we appreciate the outpouring of interest we’ve had from craftspeople this year. However, due to an increase in demand for craftsperson booths in the 2023 Capital Pride Festival, craftsperson registration has moved to a waitlist system. This is to ensure that community groups can continue to use the space to showcase the outstanding work they do for the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
As the registration period progresses, those on the waitlist will be contacted with registration details on a first come, first served basis. The early bird registration price will be honoured for groups who join the waitlist by the early bird deadline (Friday, June 30).
Registration fees are used to cover the cost of the street festival, including costs related to the provision of city services, road closure signage and barricades.
Registration fees include a 10×10 space within the street festival, one 6 foot table and 2 chairs.
|Early Bird||Regular Price|
|Community Groups and Non-Profit Organizations with a budget under $250,000||$100||$150|
|Community Groups and Non-Profit Organizations with a budget over $250,000||$200||$300|
|Unions, Political Groups, Election Candidates, Government Departments, Universities and Colleges||$500||$600|
- Small Businesses: Defined as a local business with up to 2 store fronts or under 50 employees.
- Large Businesses: Defined as a business with more than 2 store fronts or over 50 employees. Large businesses should contact the Capital Pride sponsorship team at [email protected]
Capital Pride is committed to supporting the participation groups in the parade. If these fees are a barrier to participation, please contact Capital Pride at [email protected].
Registration fees can be paid via credit card or cheque. Credit card payments are taken upon submission of the registration form. Cheques can be mailed to Capital Pride (403 Bank Street, Studio 2, Ottawa ON K2P 1Y6) and must arrive by the relevant deadlines.
Join our parade and street fair teams for an information session. All sessions will take place via Zoom.
- Monday, June 5 from 5pm – 6pm (RSVP here: Zoom Registration)
- Thursday, June 8 from 12 noon – 1pm (RSVP here: Zoom Registration)
- Tuesday, July 4 from 12 noon – 1pm (RSVP here: Zoom Registration)
- Thursday, July 13 from 5pm – 6pm (RSVP here: Zoom Registration)